With this pumpkin cookie recipe, even the Cookie Monster gets jealous!
Prep/Rest Time: 20 minutes.
Cook Time: 30 minutes.
Total Time: 50 minutes.
(For 13 cookies)
- 100g cooked pumpkin (without shell) – Either buy ready in the supermarket or peel, hollow out and cook yourself
- 200g wholemeal wheat spelt flour
- 150g birch sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg (grated)
- 70g macadamia nuts
- 80ml soy milk
- 40g chocolate drops (vegan)
Preheat oven to 175 degrees
Put the macadamias and soy milk in a small food processor or blender and mix for about 1 minute until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
Put birch sugar in a large bowl with the macadamia puree you just made. Mash the cooked pumpkin, put it into the bowl together with the chocolate drops, and mix everything thoroughly.
Mix wholemeal flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and a little nutmeg in a small bowl and stir in the large bowl so that no more lumps of flour are visible.
Put baking paper on a baking tray and form small balls out of the dough, which presses flat on the tray.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 175 degrees.
- You can use any kind of squash.
- With moistened hands the Cookies can be formed clearly better.
- The cookies can be stored in a cookie tin for a few days or in the freezer
freeze – which makes them last much longer.
- Instead of macadamias, you can also use cashews or almonds – but these nuts have more of their own flavor.